Disability Rights New Mexico is excited to announce that the Sandoval County Clerk’s office now offers a video at all polling sites designed to make voting more accessible to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. Federal law ensures equal access for persons with disabilities, but often communication is not always effective for the deaf and hard of hearing community. This video not only lays out a process for effective communication, but it educates the public on how equal access can be achieved. We urge all counties to follow suit and make this the standard practice for polling sites across the state. Thank you Sandoval County!
- VIDEO: New Mexico Voter Accessibility for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- DRNM files group complaint against APS for failure to provide transportation to students with disabilities.
- Kevin S: A Scathing Report from Independent Monitors
- Special Education Stakeholder Listening Sessions 2023
- We Honor Judith Ellen Heumann, Disability Rights Activist 1947-2023